PCI is looking for an Estimating Coordinator! The ideal candidate would have the ability to leverage his/her professional experience, education, strong interpersonal skills to be an effective team player. The Estimating Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of estimating, including quantity take-off, soliciting quotes, and following up on projects after they are bid. Want to become a part of our PCI team? Send us your resume now!
- Working knowledge of job specific plans, orders, and specifications ensuring that staff and any sub-contractors understand the job requirements and the approved plans.
- Coordinate the jobs and schedule them.
- Estimating/Project Management experience a plus, but not a requirement with a willingness to learn
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent communicator with ability to prioritize and multitask
- Locate and research public bid offering for potential projects that are ideal for the company
- Interpret drawings and technical documents in order to assist estimators
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Working with Computers — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Analyzing Data or Information — Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Processing Information — Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co- workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Communicating with People Outside the Organization — Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Electronic mail software — Microsoft Outlook
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
- Process mapping and design software — Microsoft Visio Hot technology
- Project management software —Microsoft Project
- Spreadsheet software —Microsoft Excel Hot
- Word processing software — Microsoft OneNote; Microsoft Word
Location: McKinney, TX
Employment Type: Full-Time